PROGRAMS & INCENTIVES
GUARD RECRUITING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (G-RAP)
The Guard Recruiting Assistance Program recognizes and rewards those who help the Army National Guard achieve its recruiting goals. Guard Recruiting Assistants (RA) can earn additional income assisting Army National Guard recruiting efforts by identifying well-qualified men and women for service in the Guard.
COLLEGE FIRST ENLISTMENT OPTION: CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
Qualified high school graduates or graduating seniors, with no prior military service, are given the opportunity to complete up to two years of full-time schooling uninterrupted by deployment while serving in the Guard.
GED PLUS PROGRAM
The Army National Guard authorizes the enlistment of applicants having neither a high school diploma nor alternate education credentials (GED, National Guard Youth Challenge, Correspondence Diploma, etc). The Applicants will enlist under the "Army National Guard GED Plus Program". The following criteria must be met prior to this program being offered to an applicant.
- The applicant must have withdrawn from high school for at least six months prior to date of application for enlistment. No waivers are authorized.
- The applicant must be 18 years old or older, or not be eligible to return to his/her local high school for completion of high school diploma program.
- The applicant must qualify for enlistment by achieving a minimum score of 31 or higher on the ASVAB
- No moral waivers are authorized
- additional qualifications may also be implemented
- completion of 9th grade
SPLIT TRAINING PROGRAM
High School Juniors who are at least 17 years of age may enlist and attend Basic Combat Training between their junior and senior year. After graduation from high school your senior year you would finish up your training at your AIT. High School seniors, graduates and seasonal workers may also use this program.
STRIPES FOR BUDDIES PROGRAM
You will be promoted to E-2 if you refer one qualified non-prior service or prior service applicant who enlists into the National Guard. If you refer two, you will be promoted to E-3.
COLLEGE CREDITS FOR PROMOTION
Depending on how many college classroom semester or quarter hours you have successfully completed prior to enlistment, you could be automatically promoted to E-2, E-3, E-4.