Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) is a way
of verifying who is eligible to receive military benefits. It will also verify
who qualifies for government sponsored TRICARE medical benefits and the TRICARE
Dental Plan (TDP) at reduced rates. This may include receiving care at military
and Public Health Service facilities and clinics as well as TRICARE
participating civilian physicians and dentists.
in the DEERS system is necessary to receive these
benefits. In order to obtain health benefits at either a military facility or
civilian facility (through TRICARE) the AGR soldier’s eligible dependents
MUST BE entered in DEERS. DEERS enrollment is accomplished for dependents
through the application for dependents’ ID cards, DD Form 1172 (Application for
Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card). It is extremely important
that all children, regardless of age, be entered on the DD Form 1172 to initiate
entry into DEERS. (Children under 10 are not issued ID cards (Unless they
reside with a Non-Eligible dependent), therefore, are not
listed on the front of the DD 1172 when using the un-revised version). Contact a
representative at one of the ID Card Issuing stations for
verification of enrollment.
following information will be required to verify you and your family
members eligibility for government military benefits.
- A copy of your AGR tour orders.
- SSAN cards for all members of the family to include the sponsor
- Birth certificate(s), adoption/guardianship papers.
- Divorce decree(s) if applicable.
- Children, aged 21 - 23 (enrolled in college full time), need a letter from
the registrar’s office verifying full time enrollment and approximate
Military installations that have ID card issuing facilities are located on the
address update You can now update your DEERS address on the web at:
alternatives for updating your mailing address information include:
- Going to the nearest military personnel office with RAPIDS/DEERS
- Mailing changes to the DMDC/DEERS Support Office (DSO), 400 Gigling Rd, Seaside, CA 93955-6771
- Call the DMDC/DEERS Support Office (DSO): (800) 538-9552 Hours of Operation: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (5:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. Pacific Time), Monday - Friday. They are closed on all federal holidays.
DEERS Problem Resolution - Call the DMDC/DEERS Support Office (DSO):
- Phone 1-800-538-9552 (see hours listed above)
1-502-335-9980 - Primary
1-831-655-8317 - Alternate